The caste certificate is an important document that tells a person belonged to a particular caste whether Scheduled caste/Scheduled tribe/Other backward castes.
This is an important document that a person should have along with him/her.All the applicants who are hailed from Gujarat state are eligible to apply to get this certificate.Those who had this certificate are eligible to avail all the government facilities that are provided by the government.
All the state/district wise departments and other concerned authorities are the only ones to issue the caste certificate. Applicants should apply the caste certificate at the above stated departments.There is no charge of fee to issue the certificate.
Caste certificate enables a person to utilize all the government facilities.There are some facilities which are provided by the government.Here we listed some of them:
• To obtain the reservations in educational institutes, schools or college.
• To obtain the reservations in government jobs.
• To obtain the reservations in legislatures
• To obtain relaxation in the upper age limit for certain jobs
Office of Sub-Divisional Magistrate
Office of Tehsildar or Revenue Department
Documents required for Gujarat Caste certificate application:
• Duly filled application form in a prescribed format.
• Copy of Date of Birth certificate.
• Recent family income certificate which is attested by any Gazetted Officer.
• Jamabandi (Patta) Land Revenue.
• Recent paid Water, Telephone or electricity Bill.
• 7/12 Extract of Land belonging to the Applicant or his/her family.
• An affidavit to support the above documents.
An application for the caste certificate is available at the government concerned offices such as Deputy Commissioner’s office or Sub Magistrate Department. The local inquiry will be conducted by the concerned authorities.
If a person is applying for such certificate then he should have the residence certificate of that particular state from which the application is registered for a minimum time period or an affidavit which states that a person is belong to a schedule caste or tribe or any other backward class in Gujarat.